District 101 provides bus services for eligible students. Although the vast majority of our district does not meet the standard the one and a half mile travel to school, the district does recognize safety hazards presented by the railroad crossing and 47th Street for students at the elementary school level.
Students at each elementary school are "eligible" for bus services (i.e. this is a non-fee service) according to the following criteria:
- Field Park Elementary School/Students residing south of the railroad tracks
- Forest Hills Elementary School/Students residing north of 47th Street
- John Laidlaw Elementary School/Students residing south of the railroad tracks
The following McClure students are eligible for bus service:
- Students residing south of 47th Street
- Students residing west of Wolf Road
Additionally, fees with the McClure bus are:
- $200 per student/per year
- $250 family maximum
- Free for any students living in the 5200 block or south
The district also has a bus service which runs to local (i.e. in district boundaries) before and after school care programs. If you are a family in need of this service, and you live within the eligible service area, then you are entitled to a single ride to and a single ride from school free of charge.
If you are a family in need of this service, and you live outside of the eligible service area, then you will be charged:
- AM Unlimited Ridership @ $75.00/year
- PM Unlimited Ridership @ $75.00/year
- AM and PM Unlimited Ridership @ $125.00/year
All bus service requests should be made through your child's school office.
Students with special education needs and who are eligible for special education bus services, should contact the Director of Special Services, Gini Sulek at firstname.lastname@example.org or 708-485-2850 to arrange for bus service.